Compact and discrete featuring 4K UHD/Full HD internal video recording with professional XLR audio that is easy to use, with footage that can be seamlessly integrated with other professional Cinema EOS cameras.
Capture professional 4K and Full HD video
- 4K (UHD 3,840 x 2,160) video recording resolution gives maximum detail and quality
- 8-bit 4:2:2 colour and 305Mbits/sec data in 4K (50Mbits/sec in Full HD) maintains quality when editing
- 12 stops of dynamic range with Canon Log Gamma and Wide DR mode
- Large 1.0 type CMOS sensor with 12Mpixels offers shallow depth of field and minimal noise in low light with low rolling shutter
- HD video is processed with Over Sampling HD Processing for maximum sharpness
Professional XLR audio connections
- Included MA-400 adapter provides two XLR inputs with 48V phantom power option
- Inputs can be switched between microphone and line for maximum connection possibilities
- Individual level controls for each channel
- Shotgun microphone holder on MA-400 will securely hold external microphones
Professional features and easy workflow integration
- 4K frame rates include 24.00P and 25P, providing easy integration with digital film projects
- Shoot smooth 2x slow motion in Full HD with 50P frame rate
- Multiple 'Look' settings makes integrating and grading images with other cameras easy, including Canon’s Cinema EOS range, while the versatile Canon XF-AVC file format is widely accepted by many of the latest professional non-linear editing applications
- Shutter speed or shutter angle modes allow cinematographers to select their most familiar setup
- Keep a close eye on exposure levels and dynamic range with the built-in waveform monitor
Discrete and highly versatile
- Compact and lightweight it can be installed in a wide range locations and positions to achieve the desired view or perspective, and can even mounted on a drone
- DSLR-like size and appearance offers discrete shooting for fly-on-the-wall observational work that does not intimidate or draw attention
- Flexible, multi-purpose use with 12Mpixel stills and 8.29Mpixel frame grabs from 4K video footage
- Built-in lens sports a powerful 10x optical zoom, with both optical and electronic image stabilisation for stable handheld shooting
- Handles a wide range of light levels with ISO settings up to 20,000 and a built-in ND filter
Easy to use
- Both Full HD and 4K are recorded internally, without the need for an external device, using industry-standard CFast 2.0™ cards for 4K recordings, and SD cards for Full HD and stills
- Autofocusing is quick and convenient allowing the user to concentrate on the scene, and includes face detection for added ease of use
- Various and comfortable shooting positions are possible, thanks to the rotating handgrip and large touch-screen vari-angle LCD
- Included loupe with dioptre adjustment makes shooting in bright light or at eye level, more comfortable
- With built-in dual band Wi-Fi, the camera can be easily controlled via a web browser, ideal when the camera is in an awkward location
Two professional XLR connections via the MA-400 add-on provide three-pin balanced audio with the option of 48V phantom power. These boast much lower-noise wiring than consumer-grade mini-jacks, and allow a range of pro-grade sound inputs. The options range from external shotgun microphones, wireless lapel microphones, booms, and the inputs can even be switched to line mode so that a mixing desk feed can be connected, with individual volume control over each channel.
The 24.00P frame rate option in 4K means that footage can easily be integrated alongside material shot on digital film cameras and destined for cinema distribution. The 12 stops of dynamic range, Canon Log and range of "Looks" further smooth the ability to use footage seamlessly alongside video from higher-end members of the Cinema EOS range.
Professional settings and display options have been improved, including the ability to show a waveform monitor. Clip renaming is now available, and shutter angle can be configured instead of shutter speed, which will be a familiar way of working for some professionals. The range of Looks has been expanded so that footage can be more easily matched with video shot on other members of the Cinema EOS range. Altogether, these enhancements make the XC15 a more seamless companion to a professional production involving a variety of Canon cameras.