A flexible, robust and highly capable primary 4K camera for drama, independent film and documentary that is configurable for multiple production workflows including support for HDR monitoring.
Superb 4K performance and colour reproduction
- Super 35mm Canon CMOS sensor captures stunning 4K movies with high sensitivity and low noise 4K recording up to 810Mbps 4:2:2/10-bit internally or 4K 12-bit RAW externally.
- Up to 15-stops dynamic range (EOS C700 / C700 PL) and Canon Log / 2/ 3, Wide DR options, 2K/Full HD captured in high quality with 4:4:4/12-bit images and Over Sampling HD processing.
- High frame rates of up to 59.94P/50P in 4K or 240P/200P in 2K (crop) recorded internally to CFast 2.0™ cards, or up to 120P/100P in 4K (RAW) to the optional CODEX recorder.
Efficient workflow including industry-standard HDR
- HDR monitoring to HDR-ST.2084 standard and ACES 1.0 colour management support.
- Rich, realistic colour spaces with support for Cinema Gamut, BT.2020 and DCI-P3 Gamut
- Internally recorded ProRes or XF-AVC natively supported by industry-leading editing systems
- The optional dockable CODEX RAW recorder provides optimum 4K performance and higher frame rates.
- Simultaneous recording for instant backup or relay recording with dual CFast 2.0™ card slots, plus XF-AVC Proxy to SD card.
Intuitive operation and flexible shooting functions
- Quick operation with intuitive GUI via the built-in 3-inch LCD and optional removable Operation Panel.
- Accurate autofocus from Dual Pixel CMOS AF sensor with Face Detection and Manual Focus Assist (EOS C700 with compatible EF lenses).
- Surrounding Area function puts shooting data and icons in the display frame, reducing monitor distractions
- Up to 10 stops of exposure control from built-in ND filters plus shutter speed or angle options.
- Optional RC-V100 remote controller or optional WiFi support for easy wireless remote control or IP streaming.
Highly versatile and configurable
- Available as EF mount with Cinema Lock or PL mount with Cooke/i support; EOS C700 GS PL offers PL mount with Cooke/i support.
- Extensive lens support also includes anamorphic lenses, Cine Servo lenses and broadcast B4 lenses (via optional mount adapter), plus support for the 12-pin serial terminal.
- Optional dedicated shoulder mount with 15mm rods and grip.
- Optional high resolution 1,920 x 1,080 0.7-inch OLED EVF with false colours, wide colour gamut and operation buttons.
- Multiple monitor and recording output terminals, plus Genlock support.
- LPCM 24-bit/48 kHz, 4-channel audio input plus support for AES/EBU input.
Built to endure broadcast and movie production
- Robust magnesium body construction ensures reliable service in intensive shooting conditions
- 12V and 24V power output terminals are provided to power vital camera accessories
- Built-in V-mount adapter supports optional high power industry-standard V-lock batteries
- External 12V DC power input available via standard 4-pin XLR jack