Offering broadcast quality UHD and Full HD capability into a handheld, lightweight body with a 1.0-Type CMOS sensor, a 15x 4K zoom lens and Dual Pixel CMOS AF, the XF405 produces outstanding clarity and sharpness. With the addition of a 100P high frame rate and network capability for FTP transfer and remote control, this camcorder is ideal for newsgathering, documentary or corporate use.
Newly developed 15x 4K zoom lens
The XF405 features a new 4K 15x zoom lens which has been designed to support the large 1.0-Type CMOS sensor. The lens is slim and compact, yet exceptionally powerful and flexible. With improved 25.5mm wide-angle coverage and a zoom capable of up to 382.5mm (35mm equivalent), it can cover a range of shooting situations and this performance is further enhanced by supplied wide-angle and teleconverter lenses to increase focal length coverage even further without sacrificing 4K quality. Using the CMOS sensor in FHD, it possible to get even more from the lens, up to 30x zoom capability with no loss of image quality.
Newly developed 4K 1.0-Type CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
The XF405 has a new 1.0-Inch Type CMOS Sensor which delivers incredible levels of detail even in low light. The advantage of a larger sensor means a greater depth-of-field performance, allowing creative filming making full use of focus blur or bokeh for more realistic, immersive footage. The CMOS sensor technology has been perfected in Canon's EOS DSLRs and Cinema EOS cameras and for the first time it is now available in a camcorder of this size.
Newly developed Dual DIGIC DV6
Featuring two high speed DiGIC DV 6 processors, newly developed for the XF405, the camcorder offers blistering performance. The outstanding processing capability provided by two DIGIC DV 6 processors, newly developed for the XF405, provides enhanced image reproduction such as smooth gradation and faithful colour reproduction with support for recording at higher data rates. The sensor and processor work together to eliminate more camera shake, augmenting a highly effective Optical IS system.
Key features4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
- The XF405 supports UHD/50P MP4 and XF-AVC format (150Mbps) recording along with additional XF-AVC support.
- The XF405 offers 100P high frame rate recording, which brings stunning slow motion in Full HD.
- The combination of 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC DV6 offers high image quality footage with clarity and detail with outstanding high sensitivity and low noise.
- Wide DR mode enables the user to shoot with an 800% wide dynamic range providing details in mid to high tone.
- A newly developed 4K lens for 1.0 -Type CMOS sensor, using Super UD elements which minimise chromic aberration.
- The XF405 features an ultra-wide 25.5mm along with high magnification 15x optical zoom in 4K.
- A 30x Advanced Zoom capability in Full HD mode without image deterioration.
- A 9-blade iris diaphragm allows the operator to shoot beautiful and natural bokeh.
- An advanced 5 axis Image Stabilizer helps to reduce image distortion.
- XF405 features three built-in optical density (ND) filters of 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64 (2, 4 and 6 stops).
- 0.8x Wide angle and 1.5x tele-converter for additional flexibility and coverage in 4K and Full HD.
- The XF405 offers Dual Pixel CMOS AF, fast and accurate autofocusing in area of approx. 80% (vertically) x 80% (horizontally) of the image.
- The XF405 touch screen allows focus control and camera operation for an intuitive operation.
- Various AF options are offered including Face Priority AF and Face Only AF.
- The innovative Dual Pixel Focus Guide supports manual focus shooting by telling the focus position visually.
- The XF405 gives you more mobility FTP files transfer directly from the camcorder or wirelessly by built-in WiFi.
- Using the XF405's built-in Wi-Fi, it is possible to control via a smartphone or tablet using a Browser Remote. Additionally, the camcorder is fully compatible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100.
- IP Streaming (Full HD).
- Compact in size, lightweight and fully featured, the XF405 can meet a wide range of individual needs.
- The XF405 features an Infrared Mode allowing users to capture video in conditions with little to no ambient light.
- With Dual SD card slots the XF405 can record simultaneously to each of the two SD cards, providing an instant backup. With relay recording, the camera automatically switches recording from one SD card to the other when the first memory card becomes full.
- Variety of connectivity options feature on the XF405, including 3G-SDI, HDMI and two XLRs on the detachable handle.
- Flexible and high quality linear PCM 4ch audio is supported
- Five assignable buttons on the XF405 body provide a convenient way to set up the camera to individual requirements and to customise control based on user preference.
- Remote operation of the XF405 is possible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100, allowing users to operate from a distance.